Sunday, March 22, 2009

The week flew by. My work week was not the typical week. Last week was Ohio Graduation Testing week. Everyday last week I was administering the OGT for several hours. Not a big deal except that I had to have the kiddos at grandma's on the other side of town then back to close to home to administer the test then back to grandma's house. 3 hours worth of actual testing turned into 5 hours with all the traveling.

I am grateful that we have grandma and cousin Teresa to watch the kiddos. I don't worry about them when they are with family. The kids love playing at grandma's because she has cookies and toys that we don't have. The grass is definitely greener at grandma's.

Kelsey has finished her Freshman year at TDA and starts at Oakstone on Wednesday. I am so proud of her to have finished her Freshman year. She worked very hard and her grades were GREAT. I hope that she enjoys Oakstone. This will either be the perfect fit for her or it will be a disaster.

I pray that it is a perfect fit. The great news is that if it doesn't work out she can return to TDA in the Fall. She is excited to start Spanish. She wanted to take Latin but it is not offered. Kelsey is looking forward to swimming in the Oakstone pool and the volunteering opportunities they provide on Fridays.

We are halfway through the Lenten Season. To celebrate this mark we watched some really powerful movies this weekend. First, we watched The Boy is the Striped Pajamas. There was not a dry eye in the room. The ending was not what I expected. A very powerful movie with a great message. The second movie we watched was an older movie called The Scarlet and Black. It was another movie that takes place during WWII. It tells the story of Monsinoer that helps many POWs, and others escape from the Nazi's. Another powerful movie. Kelsey liked this movie so much that she has watched it again already.

Friday we went to the Fish Fry at church then we headed over to Stations of the Cross. Even though the kiddos had been fed and had dry diapers, they were not very quiet. We learned that Stations of the Cross is not the place for small children. Rich, Kelsey and I were still able to appreciate the Stations.

This week my goal is to attend at least one weekday Mass. Last week I was not able to attend the Parish Mission like I wanted. Hopefully, this week will be a little more quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment