Wednesday, March 25, 2009

First Day without Kelsey

Kelsey is off at her first at back in a brick and mortar school aka not an online school. It has been a rough day emotionally. The house has not been this quiet since the months immediately following Kyle's death. Those days Rich was at work and Kelsey was in public school. The house does not seem "right" without lots of noise and chaos.

The babies are home but they are in hour three of their naps. They always go done for 2-4 hours and Kelsey and I usually enjoy our girl time together. We laugh at Little House on the Praire and What Not to Wear. Today without her here watching with me they have lost their magic.

I can't wait to see if Kelsey enjoyed her day at school. I pray that this school is the right fit for her. I know that she will benefit from the more structured learning environment and the social skill training they have through out the day.

Day One without her went amazing well from a logistically standpoint. I was able to work for about half and hour before the babies were up. I had everything ready for them and they were clothed and fed within thirty minutes. With full bellies and dry bottoms they played for almost 3 hours while I worked with only minimal interventions needed. They both had lunch and were in bed napping by noon. Not bad!!!!!

I am sure not all days are going to go this smoothly but I am grateful for this smooth transition day. Tomorrow will be different as I am driving Kelsey to school and then the babies have a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment