Saturday, March 14, 2009

Slow Learner

I must admit that in some areas I am a very slow learner....

I always think that I can accomplish everything that I plan or set out to do. I have a hard time saying "no" when people ask me.

In the past two weeks, I have managed to say "no" twice. This may not seem like a big deal but for me it is. I told a friend I could not help her with a project because I needed to finish some things for my job. In the past I would have helped her and then been up late trying to catch up which would cause me to be very stressed.

I also skipped a meeting because I had some tasks my boss needed done by a certain time. I could have made the meeting and run around like a crazy women all afternoon to get everything done. That would have caused me to be stressed too the max.

It is a huge accomplishment for me to slow down. I know how fast kids grow up and change. If I spend so much time running around I am going to miss what is important. Kelsey is 15 and it seems to have gone by in a blink of an eye. I appreciate that she still likes to climb into my bed and watch a movie with me just like when she was little. I wonder how much longer she will want to do that.

This weekend Kelsey is gone to LifeTeen camp. The house is quiet without her. Rich and I are taking advantage for this time to clean out Kelsey's room and put the queen size bed into her room. She will be so excited to have the big bed in her room.

Rich is working in the basement cleaning it out. I made the mistake of going done there. He was sorting through Kyle's stuff. It was too much and I started crying. I still can't look at the stuff that was in his room when he passed away without crying.

Why can I look at pictures and not be sad but seeing his stuff makes me cry?!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment