Thursday, February 12, 2009

Rich and I have been working on patience (quit laughing) especially me. I know that I am Type A and like to think that I am in control of things. I truly do know that GOD is in charge of all things but that does not stop me from trying to exert control and doing things my way.

We are quickly discovering that when you are foster parents you are not in control of anything. Things can quickly and without input from the foster family. You are just expected to adapt and do what they say.This is good practice for us as it helps us grow in our ability to see that we are not really in control of much.

I need to start applying this to my physical health. I must say hitting the 40s is not fun. I injured my Achilles in November. I took December and January off from exercising per doctor recommendation. I started back in February and the pain is intense. I am now in physical therapy twice a week and it is so hard to not work out. I keep pushing myself and my heel is not healing. I am TRYING to slow down but I just can't stop working out completely even though I know I should.

We have also learned that things work out the way they ARE meant to be whether we worry about them or try to change them.Kelsey is growing up so fast. My baby girl is now a young lady. I know in another blink she will be off to college. It only seems like yesterday she was taking her first steps and saying her first words. She has finished her freshman year of English and has begun sophomore English. She is almost finished with Physical Science and World Studies. By the end of the month she will begin Biology and American Studies. Math is another story as she does not like it. She will be finished by the end of March. That really isn't bad but.....

The babies continue to grow and bring much joy to our life. My favorite time of the day is snuggle time before nap. I must admit the baby boy has me wrapped around his finger. He is spoiled as all babies should be. His sister is funny and makes us laugh. She also keeps us on our toes. She loves to put everything and anything in the garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment