Thursday, April 16, 2009

Vacation Fun

The world says, The more you take, the more you have. Christ says, the more you give, the more you are.

We continue to have a wonderful time here in Hilton Head. Life here runs at a much slower tempo. It has been nice to be on vacation and not have to get up early and run from one amusement park to the next.

Tuesday we rented a pontoon boat and went dolphin watching. I posted pictures on Facebook. The 9 month old loved it and promptly fell asleep for the entire 2 hour trip. The 22 month old on the other hand did not like it. She sat on my lap most of the trip. She was able to relax and enjoy the ride once we saw the dolphins. By the end of the trip she was sitting on her own but when we asked if she wanted to go on another boat ride she said "no, thanks".

Wednesday we spent the day in Charleston. Kelsey LOVED the carriage ride. The 9 month old once again liked the movement and slept through the entire thing. The 22 month old enjoyed the carriage ride a lot more than the boat trip. She kept calling the horse "doggie" which made everyone laugh. Rich and I enjoyed all the history we learned. After the carriage ride we spent a few hours walking around. The weather was perfect and the kids happy.

Today, Rich and Kelsey went deep sea fishing. Unfortunately for them they did not catch anything and neither did anyone else on the boat. The babies and I spent the morning shopping. I came to the realization that I am too old to go shopping with a 22 month old and 9 month old on my own. You should never go shopping when the kids out number the adults. I was able to buy a few things between having the 22 month old take off her shoes without me knowing, thankfully, I found them in the first store I checked, and the 9 month old having a poop explosion.

Later in the day we caught up with Kelsey and Richard for lunch and more shopping. We cut our shopping excursion short so Kelsey could get back to the hotel to hang out with her new friends. We have not seen much of her in the evening. She spends the day texting with her friends planning what they are doing in the evening. When did she become such a teenager?

We are sad that our vacation is quickly coming to an end. While I will miss the wonderful weather and slow paced days, I will be happy to be in my own bed and amongst family and friends.

Please pray for all our friends that are still waiting on organs. Remember to sign up to become an organ donor. Also, please donate blood.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment