Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Discerning God's Will

We can only learn to know ourselves and do what we can - namely, surrender our will and fulfill God's will in us.

Another busy week for our Noble Adventure. It is hard to believe it is Wednesday already and that we are leaving for Hilton Head in 48 hours. Will we be ready?

Of course we will be ready or at least as ready as we ever are. The good news is that we aren't going to a foreign country so if we forget anything we can easily find a Target or Wal-Mart. I am glad I have finally come to this place in my life that I don't pressure myself into thinking I have to remember everything and that if I don't the world will end. Unfortunately, it took me 40 plus years to figure that out.

A cross roads has come upon in this journey. We need to make a decision and that is not always easy for us. We are trying to be quiet while trying to pack and get ready for a week long vacation and discern God's voice.

A good friend has helped me start processing all the information. I admit it, I tend to make decisions based on emotion. I have a hard time separating my emotions from the facts. My friend was great at breaking it down to black and white.

Her most inuitive advice was have you had any signs? She believes as do we that GOD will lead us where he wants us to go we just need to be still and listen. I tend to want MY way and ignore the doubts or the LOUD voice of God.

When we got the call about Kyle, we KNEW that he was OURS and meant to be ours. We are not feeling that this time. There isn't that sense of peace yet how do we say "NO'" to a child in need of a home especially a child with medical issues who will have a hard time finding a home.

This same friend said "Maybe you are a stop along his journey and NOT his final destination". Maybe by talking about him if he is not meant to be ours we will help him find his TRUE home. If you know anyone who is interested in adopting a child with medical issues let me know.

Please pray that we are able to truly discern God's will.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment