Monday, March 2, 2009

Changes

Kelsey had an interview at Oakstone Academy on Friday. It looks like she will be attending school there soon if everything works out. Kelsey finished her freshman science class today. She has now completed freshman english and science. She is close to finishing her american
studies class. She still has a way to go in algebra. Can you tell which class she likes the least?

We are hopeful Oakstone will work for her. She is happy at TDA but I worry about her social skills as they are not getting any better. At Oakstone they will work on that with her. She will finish up the year there to see if it is a good fit. By the time she starts she will have finished all of her freshman credits so she won't be behind if this does not work out.

Please pray that this is the best thing for her. It will be an adjustment for all of us. I have gotten use to her being home during the day. She is a big help with the babies.

Today while I was searching for a family picture I ran into some pictures of Kyle. These pictures were of the minutes preceding Kyle's death and pictures of us holding him after he died.I felt like I was stabbed in the heart and stomach. The tears came and I couldn't stop them. I had to run to the bathroom. I HATE those pictures. He looked soo BAD and I will be honest, I block out those pictures in my mind because they are NOT who Kyle WAS.

My boy was a happy go lucky kid with a smile on his face, a laugh coming out of his mouth and mischievous look in his eye. That is how I choose to remember him.
I don't know if there will ever come a day when I can look at those photos and not lose it. They say time heals all pain so maybe some day I will be able to look at those pictures and not cry......

Another action packed week here at our house. We are working on what we are going to do with Kyle's funds for the pain clinic. Rich and I are excited to be close to doing something with all the wonderful donations from everyone. We never got Kyle his pain free day but we will help other kids get the relief they deserve.

I am off to dinner with my college friends. I need to ask one of my friends for a favor. Our foster babies were tested and both quailfy for Help Me Grow services but the wait is 6 months. My friend teaches at the MRDD building that the 21 month would go to. Teh 21 month old quailified in both cognitive function and communication. I am hopeful that she will be able to get us in sooner. 6 months is a long time for these kids. The 8 month old needs PT and that I can get a script from his doctor for. I am hopeful he can start in the next 3 -4 weeks.

Please pray that we can get them the services they need as soon as possible. They are such a blessing to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment