Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Carwash trauma

Kelsey talked me into a carwash today while we were filling up the van.

She opted for the super deluxe wash-does that surprise me NO. Anyways we drive into the bay and put the car in park like it said. The prewash starts and then ends. Nothing happens and Kelsey and I figured the prewash had to sit for a minute.

We listened to Bring the Rain on the radio then song ends and the next song comes and goes and still nothing.

I am starting to get a little worried. I ask Kelsey to climb out of the car and run to Speedway office and let them know what was happening. She was afraid that the machine would start and she would be hurt.

I decide to try pulling forward as I was now late for my doctor's appointment. Bad choice as that closed the bay door that was open in front of us. The door behind had been closed the entire time.

Thankfully there was a phone number listed on the wall and the babies were sleeping. I called and after what seemed like forever the nice lady activated the cameras to see what was happened. It was a computer malfunction. I had to back the out in my big old van.

Such fun for the Noble's. I have never heard of anyone ever getting stuck in the car wash.

As we pulled away from the car wash, Praise You in the Storm came on. Kelsey's reply was "thanks Kyle for the drama. You always had a wicked sense of humor".

I made it to my appoint late but they saw me. I had another steroid shot this time guided by an ultrasound to get deep into the tendon. Hopefully, this will work. I can not work out at all for 5 days and then I am back to a modified program.

When I asked what that means, my doctor funny guy that he is said "if it hurts don't do it, if you think I would say no then don't do it and if you like it and it gives you an endorphin high then don't do it".

Gotta love the guy. I guess he knows me well after only 2 visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment