Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6, New International Version
Today we spent time at the cemetery cleaning it up and redecorating. It is times like today that are so hard. Instead of redecorating his foot stone and plot we should have him here with us to cook out and relax.
Today, I am thankful for all the days I had with Kyle. While I wish we had many more days with him, I know the days we had were the best they could be. Kyle made sure we had fun each day and took time to enjoy the small things in life.
His smile will forever be etched in my memory. His laughter still rolls around my ears and when I hear our special songs I can feel him giving me a "big squeeze" as he called it.
I love the above verse on days when I am sad. It reminds me where my focus should be.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment