Sunday, May 3, 2009

Busy Weekend

Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservations.
-- Elton Trueblood

Friday was one of those days when I let other people make me crazy. I try not to let that happen but sometimes no matter how hard I pray, I just can't stop myself.

I am truly blessed that in those times, I have Richard. I called him and poured my heart out as I drove to the Y to work out my stress. By the time I finished my session, he let me know that he would meet me and we would drive together to finish the rest of the day tasks.

Something that small is all it took for me to feel better-OK so I lied- I also had to vent for about 10 minutes before I was completely better but just his presence made it better.

My heart broke to think about all the people who do not have someone to support them through the good times and the bad. I found myself being less angry and praying for those people without any to support them.

Praying for other's and not dwelling on the small things that go wrong in my life, is what I am sure God wanted me to remember.

Kelsey had her dance on Friday. Rich and I chaperoned her dance. We were good and watched from the balcony. Kelsey has some great friends. It was good to see her interacting with her peers in such a positive way.

It is hard to believe that my baby girl will be 15 on Saturday. The time seems to have flown by. I remember fondly the days I could dress her the way I wanted and put hair bows on her. Now I am thankful if I somewhat approve of her outfit. Hair bows are out of the question and I am lucky if she doesn't put it in a ponytail-lol. I know it will only be a short time before we are pulling her out of the bathroom after an hour or two.

Saturday, I went to Mitzi's grandmother shower. I had a good time as it has been a long time since I went to a baby shower. I must admit I was out of my league. All the other moms were swim moms. Let's just say that swim moms are a truly different breed. Not necessarily in a bad way but they have different priorities and lifestyles.

This week is very busy. The littlest baby has 2 appointments, his sister has one appointment, Kelsey has an IEP meeting and summer swim season starts, and then we have several family appointments.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment